Ok. Maybe I couldn’t get some stuff done. Over the summer, I’ve made about 17 different applications, all of which I felt wasn’t really worthy of publishing. Most of them were experiments anyways, which I did learn a lot from.
I did finally finish something for release though. A few days ago there was a video on YouTube made by a person named Scott Manley (click this sentence), showing a time lapse of asteroid discoveries since 1980. I thought that this was neat enough to make a 3D version (provided there was enough data, and there was) of the simulation.
After about a week and a half of putting together various formulas and spending entire days trying to find missing parentheses and other major but hard to find typos in the code, I came out with a 35 second video showing asteroid placement in relation to orbits close to the sun (click this sentence too).
I hope to clean up the code and possibly open source it later (no promises). All of my resources can be found in the description on vimeo. If you don’t like vimeo and would rather YouTube, click here.